10 March 2011

Hunger Strike at the 10th UNFAO ABDC Conference (1)


Exactly one year ago (March 1-4, 2010) in Guadalajara, Mexico, the author made that very memorable launching of a “3-day HUNGER STRIKE” in that: 10th UN FAO Agriculture Bio-technology Conference for Developing Countries (ABDC-10). It was attended by more than 300 people representing 63 countries, international funding institutions, multi-national seeds companies, NGOs and POs. The hunger strike was staged in order to protest imposition of Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO's) through the bureaucracies of third world countires using the platform of UNFAO. Although I did it alone, I represented the whole organization of the Asian Farmers Alliance that is why I considered it one of the best and challenging experiences I ever had in my life in the struggle for farmers’ empowerment.

No comments:

Post a Comment